Welly, well well.
Blogger, non-fiction essayist, comedy writer, feminist, soon-to-be-published author, and jewgirl Katie Schwartz has called me a lot of things but this one is a nice thing! She gave me a big wet Kick Ass Blogger smack on the lips!
¡Muchas gracias, pequeña reina, muchas gracias!
Guess that means rumors of this blog’s death have been exaggerated. By me. Dammit, that also means I can’t quit yet! How fiendishly clever of you, Schwartz…
So, apparently I gotta now bestow the honor on more peeps. Not to worry, I got that covered. Seriously, I picked these folks for one reason. They all make a difference in the blogosphere. I’ve seen it.
1. Liprap’s Lament: Fighter of good fights. Organizer of this year’s Rising Tide conference. Parent. Member of the New Orleans blogpucheh. Muppet pimp. Lover of show tunes (everybody riiiiiiiiiiise). And, wicked funny.
2. ThePoliticalCat: Turning out post after well-researched post pretty much every freakin’ day. Even when I was getting paid for writing, I couldn’t write this much, this good, every day, but PoliticalCat plays real good for free.
3. PlushLife: Do not let the cat pictures fool you, people. A blogger I’m happy to have met in real life, 4LG is a stealth operator and will, literally, kick your ass. Oh, you don’t think so?
4. The Other Mother: Not only is she a poet and director of the Writers in School Project in Houston, she’s a lesbian mom-in Houston. Also deadly evil genius player of Facebook word games. Plus, her great grandparents gave Louis Armstrong money for his first cornet!
5. Spocko: There are few people on the planet I admire more. Mr. Spocko is the man that made Mickey Mouse himself cease and desist. He also keeps trying to show us all how we all can be heroes. Without cursing! I have repeatedly volunteered for a janitorship if the much-anticipated Spocko Think Tank ever becomes a reality.
STRINGS ATTACHED, aka The Rules:
* Choose 5 bloggers that you feel are “Kick Ass Bloggers”
* Let ’em know in your post or via email, twitter or blog comments that they’ve received an award
* Share the love and link back to both the person who awarded you and back to http://www.mammadawg.com
* Hop on back to the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky then pass it on!
Filed under: Blogs |